2010-05-25

Test Automation Solutions Introduction

Hi, I'm Mikhail Subach, I'm working in the field of test automation for more than 6 years and I'm very interested in this area.

I began as a software testing engineer in January, 2004, but from the very beginning I was involved into automation testing process. Firstly, I used and supported test automation scripts built on WinRunner - there were 3 projects, for different applications. The first was very simple for one simple application for importing, the second was built using functional decomposition approach and the third one - the most advanced - was built using keyword-driven approach, and it was used for testing API. All of the scripts were developed by Andrei Kulabukhau, my first mentor, who introduced me into the magic world of test automation :).

Since than a lot of interesting things happened - I will just mentions them as keywords and describe later in separate post the details, insights which I got, and reusable test automation solutions, so:
  • WSKeyword - a tool for testing web-services, using keyword-driven approach.
  • SilkTest TAF - a test automation framework on SilkTest for keyword-driven web-applications testing.
  • TAF - a tool-independent application-independent test automation framework.
  • Spreading the TAF across multiple projects and tools.
  • Test Automation Competency Center creation in EPAM Systems.
It is about me. And I want to share my experience and experience of my Test Automation Solutions Team, which is constantly growing.

The idea of the "Test Automation Solutions" blog is to share and collect the experience in Test Automation field, provide useful solutions for the test automation professionals, make test automation more effective and interesting, make the work of test automation professionals happier :).

If you want to join the fun - subscribe to RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment